The Ecofriendly Life 101
- Do not put garbage anywhere but into the can, duh. If you drop something pick it up, this isn’t debatable. If you see garbage left behind throw it away, we are all responsible for taking care of the Earth
- Another easy change is to find out if your garbage collection provider also takes can of recyclables. Some providers will even take composting but that’s a bit less commonly some even take composting. Recycling the large amounts of plastic, cardboard, and paper that is usually thrown away will reduce your footprint immensely. A ton of what we consume is recyclable, to learn what is visit Waste Management’s website. They go through in-depth into the recycling world.
- Eating less meat and dairy or having a 1 meat/dairy free day a week is helps to reduce greenhouse gases.
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use. This will also help you save money on your electric bill. Along with this lowering your heat in the winter and raise the air conditioner temperature in the summer also saves the environment and your wallet.
- If you own your land plant trees! Plant, Plant, Plant as much as possible!
- Walk or ride a bike as often as possible. This will also help with exercise!